Friday, November 15, 2013

Be kind to yourself...

First, I should tell you about miracles... We're still waiting to hear it from the cancer doctor, but it could be that my mom may be cancer free! Her primary care doctor says her scans look that way. I'm excited but am waiting to hear it from her cancer doctor.

I went to the doctor myself today, and was given a whole new list of new medications and the whole spiel about how I need to loose weight. Which I have been trying, I've pretty much cut out sodas from my diet and I am looking in to eating more protein. I shared these things with my doc but I still felt he may be beginning to get frustrated with me. Also when I weighed myself a few days ago I had lost twenty pounds, so if I am retaining twenty pounds of fluid than something might need to be looked at.I'm tired of being in constant pain, and I don't want to start to feellike my pain is nothing. Who knows maybe doc was having a bad day, maybe I was just over thinking his words of wisdom. Either way I felt like a fat, hopeless case when I left.

Needless to say I cried on the phone with my mom. In the midst of my crying I decided to do something for myself. I was reminded I need to be kind to myself. So I called my best friend and asked her to go with me.

I decided I was going to buy something that made me feel pretty. Something to make me feel nice, something to prove to myself that I am beautiful. I bought a dress at target. It was really cute and looked very nice. I say was because well, I took it back. :(

Don't worry though! I took it back because we  went to dress barn next door. I found a better dress for cheaper, and an adorable skirt! The dress made me feel pretty, and skinny and refreshed and the skirt made me feel flirty and fun. Both these items were the same price as the target dress. So I took the target dress back. I also bought myself some music and socks.

I'm glad I decided to treat myself. Sometimes we just need to be kind to ourselves and remember our true selves. I remembered today that I am beautiful no matter what, besides true beauty is really from the soul and I definitely have a lovely soul.


Oh, I also got some more blank cards, so send me some kindness dares! I need some ideas. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment