Sunday, August 18, 2013

I have an idea, a big idea!


If my car could talk it probably would tell you  I am kind of weird. It might also tell you that I'm funny, I cry a lot, I drive like every thing is an emergency and I come up with some pretty cool ideas.I was driving in my car when I came up with my latest creative epiphany.

Things have been rough lately. My mom is sick with cancer, work is stressful and I'm adjusting to a new apartment. I sometimes get so overwhelmed I don't know which direction is up. It's nothing I can't handle, but with all the insanity I've been dealing with I really need something I can focus positive energy on.

So it was in my car where I started thinking "What can I do that is just good?". I did a lot of thinking  about kindness. I concluded that to be kind it takes a lot of reminding and a lot of bravery. I got stuck on the bravery thing. To be kind you do have to be brave. You never know how the other person will react. You may  feel awkward smiling at a stranger, or giving someone a compliment. You may feel like no one is kind so therefore you should not be either. You have to face your fears and just do it. You have to dare yourself to be kind.

Dare yourself to be kind. Dare to be kind. That's it, that's my thing. Dare to be kind is my big idea!

When it hit me I let out a little scream of joy and I cried. I told you already I cry a lot. I cried because I was so happy I finally have found something I can focus on.  Something happy, something joyful, something brave. I cried because I knew I was finding peace in all the chaos that had hit me over the past few weeks.








No comments:

Post a Comment